Sip with STEM
genKC is thrilled to debut, “Sip with STEM: Learning from STEM leaders in the Kansas City community”. Sip with STEM is the first genKC networking event of its kind. We will gather after work to engage with fifteen STEM-focused industry leaders in a roundtable format. The event will commence with a keynote presentation by Dr. Alex Erwin of BioKansas, followed by roundtable discussions. Attendees will begin by visiting a table that interests them and will have the chance to ask the table leader questions, start discussions, and or/seek professional development advice through a series of four, 15-minute rotations.
Kansas City is often referred to as the “Silicon Prairie” where we are proud to be on the forefront of industrial innovation and sustainability. Advancements in STEM transcend every business in our community. Not sure if this event is right for you?
- Do you interact with data?
- Do you enjoy critical thinking?
- Do you regularly use excel?
- Are you curious about Kansas City’s efforts in creating/maintaining renewable energy?
- Do you have an interest in science, technology, engineering or math?
- Are you eager to network with other young professionals in Kansas City?
If you answer “yes” to any of the questions above, we know you will find this event to be a thought-provoking and worthwhile experience.
Our dynamic roundtable leaders include:
- Dr. Alex Erwin, BioKansas (opening remarks)
- Robert Conklin, MRIGlobal, Vice President of Research Operations
- Iswarya Srinivasan, Blue KC, Manager of Clinical Review
- Chris Raider, Burns & McDonnell, Manager of Networks, Integration & Automation
- Dr. Ellen Lowery, Kansas State University (Olathe), Professor of Practice
- Kristin Gibbar, Black & Veatch, Director of Operations, Renewable Energy
- Jay Steinmertz, Kiewit, Executive Vice President of Operations
- Dr. Mark Hoffman, Children's Mercy Kansas, Chief Research Information Officer
- Jennifer Lauer, Hallmark, Senior Engineer
- Jill Kaiser, Garmin, Leader User Experience Designer
- John Kevern, UMKC, Civil & Mechanical Engineering Department Chair
- Erik Timpson, Honeywell, Lead Electrical Engineer and People Center of Excellence Leader
- Katie Bennewitz, SS&C/DST, Senior Director of Software Engineering
- Sarah Mannix, UMB Bank, Chief Information Officer
- Andy Hetimann, Turner Construction Company, Operations Manager
- And many, many more!