Department Coordinator, Public Policy Department
Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
Job Description: Provides general support and administrative management to the department in order to keep multiple policy committees running smoothly and assist the department in execution of policy and government/community relations projects, events, communications strategies and initiatives as determined by the Chamber’s volunteer leadership.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with department SVP to coordinate the work, meeting schedule and communications of the Kansas City Missouri Committee that meets bimonthly to examine local policy issues.
- Coordinates the operations of the Chamber Public Policy Council including membership recruitment, event design and promotion, meeting notification, speaker research and procurement, invoicing, meeting logistics and registration, etc.
- Assist department managers in coordination of the Kansas and Missouri State Affairs Committees committee communications, speaker confirmation, promoting meeting attendance, preparing meeting materials, handling registration and invoicing, ordering catering, and other coordination duties as needed.
- Assist Department Director in administering the Chamber political action committee including filing ethics reports with two states, arranging for candidate interviews, invoicing PAC contributors, monitoring candidate check distribution, administration of PAC meetings, bylaws and operations.
- Assist in coordination of the programs and meetings of several policy sector committees including Transportation, K-12 Education, Financial Services, etc., including the various functions listed above.
- Manage all administrative functions of the Chamber’s annual Leadership Exchange best practices trip to a peer metro area including (but not limited to):
- Manage registration, invoicing, collections for 140 + C-Suite attendees using Excel and Chamber Master database.
- Supervise all contracts and accounts payable for air travel, venues, catering, and audio-visual services.
- Supervise collection, preparation and distribution of all delegate information and communications including travel arrangements and schedules, delegate photos, bios., etc.
- Assist with sponsor relations and regular communications.
- Arrange meetings and phone interviews with host organization and potential speakers.
- Assist with speaker communications and confirmation and tracking of technology needs.
- Oversee procurement of signage, name tags and other necessary items to promote and operate a successful best practices trip.
- Coordinate writing and preparation of materials for Leadership Exchange destination virtual briefing book (articles about issues and best practices in destination city/region).
- Assist department leadership with budgetary responsibilities including invoicing, collections, budget reconciliation and processing invoices for payment.
- Assists Chamber DE&I Director as needed.
- Use and maintain ChamberMaster database for all relative department committees (approx. 8).
- Conduct policy research on issues, policy and trends impacting business and/or affecting the policy positions of the KC Chamber.
- Support Chamber events such as public policy forums, roundtables, committee meetings, etc.
- Assist with other programs and projects as requested.