Strategic Partnership Department Coordinator
The KC Chamber is seeking an organized individual with excellent written and oral communications skills to join our Strategic Partnership team. The Coordinator of Strategic Partnerships will support our team’s membership efforts including, but not limited to: helping to produce reoccurring networking events for our members, supporting our robust member onboarding strategy, member engagement efforts and member invoicing. The coordinator will also support our national and local affinity programs by producing marketing content, communications, and assisting in programmatic engagement strategy.
The department coordinator should have exceptional organization skills, superior attention to detail, a consistent, productive interpersonal and written communication style, and a proven passion for helping others. This role will report to the Director of Strategic Partnerships and directly support the Member Engagement Manager as well as the Membership Development Manager.
Individual must be self-motivated, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality customer support; possess excellent time management skills; credible, and comfortable dealing with a broad spectrum of business industries and people. They will be comfortable representing the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce in a variety of professional settings and be able to interact and communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, backgrounds, and personal identities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in all aspects of producing our reoccurring networking events, including marketing, communications and event production.
- Coordinate and oversee Chamber Management Services relationships both locally and nationally. Includes creating newsletter content, social media strategy as well as generating robust reports, managing/tracking data, and distributing rebate payments to participating chambers.
- Supporting member engagement efforts including onboarding meetings and invoicing process
- Coordinate and administer our Leadership Circle benefits, including “In the Zoom” and social media benefits
- Offer program support for our small business efforts and Legacy Initiative efforts as needed
- Support the SVP of Strategic Partnerships on key projects and initiatives
Tasks involve the ability to exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (12-25 pounds).
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, general business or related field of study; or equivalent experience
- Previous chamber or customer service experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in producing events and communications
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Strong demonstrated customer relationship and selling skills
- Strong computer skills - familiar with Microsoft Office, financial reporting tools and sales management database systems.