Events and Marketing Intern
Job Title: Events and Marketing Intern
Kansas City, MO, 64108-2423
Base Pay: $13.50 / Hour
Employee Type: Non Exempt PT
Name: Dani Bennett
The Events and Marketing team at the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce (KC Chamber) is seeking a self-motivated intern to assist with event planning efforts. The internship will support the Marketing and Events department and take direction from the KC Chamber’s Events Manager. The internship will focus on planning, organizing, and facilitating events that advance the work of the KC Chamber’s mission. There will also be opportunities to assist with social media planning and execution, as well as collaborating on overall marketing strategy. This internship includes both independent work and opportunities for collaborative projects.
This is a fast-paced and highly visible internship. We are looking for candidates who would be comfortable in everything from business casual to business professional dress, depending on the event, and comfortable communicating with business leaders at all levels of an organization from entry-level associates to CEOs. Our interns are an integral part of the KC Chamber, and we value candidates who are driven to succeed and interested in community leadership.
Internship duties will vary but may include the following:
- Assist in pre-planning event details and marketing materials
- Assist on day of the event for setup and tear down
- Check in guests at event and assist with last-minute tasks
- Be available for early-morning or evening events
- Assist with social media planning and execution
Internships with the KC Chamber are paid and offer valuable hands-on experience. This experience allows students to explore areas of interest and decide if this is an area for a potential career. Class credit is available to students.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-directed, possess effectual critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Organized, and able to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Reliable transportation